Senior Planning Manager
WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking a Senior Planning Manager location at LMI’s Tulsa, OK location. This position is responsible for the Sales & Operations process, Master Production Scheduling and Production Control for different LMI sites. This includes the capacity review cycle (machine and manpower), with critical evaluation of efficiency and utilization factors. The position requires significant interaction with other LMI plant personnel to ensure the schedules are accurate and feasible, to provide necessary feedback on manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation and Management of the Sales & Operations Process
- Development of the master schedule to be in line with the customer demand, in close collaboration with Program Management and Operations
- Implement and monitor the Capacity review cycle with site production control managers
- Perform schedule risk analysis, provide results to internal/external customer and facilitate recommended improvement activities
- Monitoring of production control metrics
- Train and manage Production Control teams on S&OP, MRP & Kanban methodologies
- Development of the demand flow of new programs/processes/transfers of work as required, in close collaboration with Program Management
- Participate in special projects or perform special tasks as identified by management
- Manage Transfer of Work projects from the supply chain/master scheduling standpoint
- Provide leadership necessary to integrate change and risk management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Industrial Engineering or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years production scheduling or supply chain management experience
- Aerospace industry experience
- Previous leadership experience and APICS Certification are both preferred
- Expert experience with an ERP system is required.
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Superior MRP understanding is required
- Employee must have the ability to understand manufacturing processes and associated workflows.
- Should demonstrate high level of ethics with strong integrity.
Yes, 25% of the time
In order to comply with U.S. government regulations applicable to this position, all applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or a “protected individual”, as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI‘s Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer.