Saint Charles, MO
WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business, regional, and military aerospace customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking a Manager - Estimating. The Estimating Manager is responsible for the quoting of aero structures projects for all customers for all plants. Responsible for oversight of proposals and overseeing the staff and functions of the estimating management team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule and coordinate quotes for single parts to major packages for all LMI facilities
- Assign and monitor job assignments with employees in respect to estimating approach, formal and order of their importance
- Communicate and work with support unit managers and program managers on quote information and scheduling
- Provide guidance and oversight for all LMI estimating activities
- Incorporate supplier inputs into LMl's proposals/quotes to customers
- Improve and develop methods/tools for quoting new work; particularly working with advanced manufacturing engineering on new/unique manufacturing methods.
- Work closely with the material organization to provide Request for Quotation (RFQ), evaluate proposals and select suppliers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Four-year business degree required, Engineering preferred.
- Business experience (particularly MBA) is desired with ten (10) or more years of experience in manufacturing management in the aerospace industry or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Visio have the ability to read and interpret technical drawings and work instructions and have the ability to effectively work in and promote a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities and shifting time requirements. Must be able to promote a participative, team-oriented environment, working with customers (both internal and external), subordinates, other employees, vendors and all others in a professional and respectful manner.
- Must model desired employee and leadership behaviors. Adept to managing change. Ability to set and meet goals. Effectively delegate to meet departmental and company objectives. Ability to identify and develop talent. Ability to give and receive feedback well. Must possess proven ability to successfully facilitate change.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical materials and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, work instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, employees and vendors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to compile and present data in a format that facilitates information sharing and decision making.
- Able to facilitate team improvement activities spanning multiple processes with diverse teams in various geographical areas.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. required
Yes, 25% of the time
In order to comply with U.S. government regulations applicable to this position, all applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or a “protected individual”, as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI‘s Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer.